Why Study Abroad?
- To strengthen the value of your degree
- To help you learn about yourself
- To enhance employment opportunities
- Maymester (up to 2 weeks)
- Summer Programs (Summers 1 and 2)
- Short-term study abroad (one semester)
- Long-term study abroad (two semesters)
- Third party study abroad programs
You Want to Study Abroad...Now What?
- Apply for your passport now.
- Complete study abroad questionnaire.
- Make appointment to meet with international office staff in Vines 104 and organize your study plan.
- Send study abroad application form, UAFS transcript, and a copy of your passport to the Office of International Relations.
- Visit with UAFS financial aid office.
- Visit with your academic advisor.
- Finalize your study abroad details.
- Purchase airplane tickets. Check with the Office of International Relations for information.
- Purchase travel insurance.
Application Due Dates
- Spring Semester: Sept. 1
- Maymester: TBD
- Summer: TBD
- Fall Semester: Dec. 1
- Students must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours and declared a major at UAFS prior to departure.
- Students must be currently enrolled in 6 or more credit hours at UAFS at time of departure.
- Students must be in good judicial and academic standing at the time of application and reamin in good standing prior to departure.
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average at the time of application and at the time of departure.
(Note: Some programs require sophomore, second-semester sophomore, or junior status for admission)