Exchange Student/ Visitor Information
WELCOME Exchange Students/ Visitors!
As an exchange student from one of our global partners, we look forward to welcoming you to the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith. We understand that upon your arrival there will be a lot of information for you to take in. So for your convenience our office created a resource page with information we thought might be helpful for you. If you find that what you're looking for isn't located here or have questions, please feel free to contact our office. You can find our contact information below.
Cell Phone Information
Change of address, phone, or email-
UAFS Office of International Relations does not issue transcripts. This request will need to be made with the Registrar’s Office, located in the Smith- Pendergraft Campus Center on the second floor. To get information on how to request your transcript, please go here.
**NOTE: Transcripts will not be released to students if there is an outstanding charge on their student account or other holds. Please be sure to check with the cashier's office to make sure you do not owe anything to the university before departing the US. Also note that miscellaneous fees may be applied to your account a couple of weeks after you depart. Be sure to log into your My.UAFS account after departure to check for any payment that might need to be paid to ensure there are no delays in the release of your official transcript.
J Program Information
- Exchange Visitor Program Welcome Brochure (PDF will open in a new tab)
- Wilberforce Pamphlet- Rights and Protections for Temporary Workers
- Exchange Student Policy and Procedures (PDF will open in a new tab)
- J Program Health Insurance Regulation- 22 CFR 62.14
- UAFS Student Handbook
Fort Smith Transportation
Fort Smith Health Care
- Change of address, phone or email Form
- International Exchange Student Travel Authorization Form (PDF will open in a new tab)
- Release and Waiver of Liability form (ACE Program) (PDF will open in a new tab)
US Department of State Office of Designation
Mailing Address: U.S. Department of State Office of Designation Private Sector Programs Division ECA/EC/D/PS - SA-44, Room 668 301 4th Street, SW Washington, DC 20547
RO and ARO Contact Information:
Wing Chow- DSO- Vines 105