UAFS maintains and develops agreements with institutions around the world. These partnerships provide for collaborative research, education-abroad programs, student and faculty exchanges, the sharing of library resources, and other opportunities.
If you are a UAFS faculty member interested in proposing an international agreement, please visit the Office of International Relations. Typically, international agreements are the products of relationships developed over time between faculty members at UAFS and their peers at other institutions. We appreciate your ideas and proposals.
Chile: Universidad de la Frontera (Temuco)
China: Hong Kong Baptist University
- Official academic transcript from UAFS
- Two copies of your passport ID page
- Evidence of financial standing, e.g. bank statements, savings account passbooks, scholarship letters, etc. (The Hong Kong Immigration Department requires that a student must have written proof that he/she has sufficient funds to pay all expenses while studying in Hong Kong. If the student will be financially supported by someone else, e.g. parent, the student should include a letter from that individual sponsor identifying his/her relationship with the student and stating that fees and living expenses will be provided to the student while he/she studies at HKBU. The individual sponsor's financial statement from the bank must be included.
- Three recent passport-size photographs (Not larger than 55 mm x 45 mm and not smaller than 50 mm x 40 mm. All of the same pose.Computer prints of photos are not acceptable)
You are required to submit (i) the completed HKBU "Application for Enrollment - Study Abroad/Exchange Students", (ii) the Visa Application, and (iii) required documents VIA your home institution to HKBU.
All application materials should reach HKBU (International Office) by the following dates, so that there should be sufficient time for the admission process and processing of immigration visa.
1st (Fall) Semester: 5 May / 2nd (Spring) Semester: 15 October
Anhui Occupational College of City Management (Hefei)
Japan: Aichi Gakuin University (Nagoya)
Japan: Bunkyo University (Tokyo)
Japan: Gifu University (Gifu)
Japan: Miyagi University (Sendai)
- Speech by Misato Abe at UAFS Foundation Scholarship banquet (Youtube) [Oct 11, 2011]
- Bridge Scholars Program with Miyagi University
2011-12: Misato Abe, Mana Miura
2012-13: Nana Kisara, Yu Uchigasaki
2013-14: Keigo Nakamura, Reika Ishi
2014-15: Natsumi Fujita
2015-16: Moeko Sawaguchi & Asuka Omori
2016-17: Taiga Kondo
- Miyagi University Delegation visited UAFS campus on November 18, 2013.
- Mr. Hiroyuki Sasai, Vice President
- Professor Timothy Phelan, Executive Director of the Center for International Exchange and Overseas Students
- Ms. Yukie Wakai, Administrative Staff, Educational Services
Japan: Doshisha Women’s College of Liberal Arts (Kyoto)
- Prof. Tsuyoshi Iida visited UAFS on February 19, 2014.
- Prof. Namie Saeki visited UAFS on February 17, 2015.
Japan: Ritsumeikan University (Kyoto)
Vietnam: Binh Duong University (Saigon)
Vietnam: DongA University (Da Nang)
Vietnam: Vietnam National University (Saigon)
South Korea: University of Ulsan (Ulsan)
South Korea: Hanyang University (Seoul)
UAFS Office of International Relations
University of Arkansas - Fort Smith
5210 Grand Avenue, PO Box 3649, Fort Smith, AR 72913-3649, USA
firstname.lastname@example.org, (Phone) 1-479-788-7166, (Fax) 1-479-424-6166